Connect with us

News

OJ Simpson could be released by Sunday

Published

on

OJ Simpson
The 70-year-old former football champion OJ Simpson may theoretically request the early exit from his Lovelock penitentiary in Nevada on Sunday after spending nine years behind bars for a hand attack army.

But for practical reasons, the release should only take place from Monday, according to the media and his lawyer.

“He is now very, very impatient,” Malcolm LaVergne, the defender of the prisoner, told KTNV-TV in Las Vegas. “He’s full of optimism.”

One of the most famous detainees in the United States, OJ Simpson, 22 years ago, was found not guilty of the murder in 1994 of his ex-wife and a friend of his in Los Angeles.

This “racialized and highly charged racial” trial of the century had captivated the country, and Simpson’s innocent verdict continued to provoke controversy nearly a quarter of a century later.

“The Juice,” as he is nicknamed, had paradoxically been sentenced to civil for these same facts a few months later.

This did not mean the end of the troubles of the former black athlete, also a movie actor and sports commentator.

OJ Simpson continued to defend the judicial chronicle with his financial problems and being suspected of various minor offenses.

Then, on September 13, 2007, he broke into a casino hotel in Las Vegas with five henchmen to “recuperate” sports memorabilia from dealers under threat of weapons.

He was initially scheduled to serve up to 33 years in prison for these acts known as kidnapping, burglary, and armed robbery, but was given a remission for some of his convictions.

Last July, he was able to further shorten his sentence by convincing the Nevada Parole Board of his good ability to reintegrate.

“I pledge to change to be a better person,” promised the former 1970s star, who remains charismatic and popular nearly four decades after his retirement from the NFL, the American Football League.

Logical, therefore, that the authorities fear a new extreme mediatization around the liberated prisoner.

Especially if one remembers his escape on June 17, 1994, aboard a Ford Bronco white, which had been broadcast live by American channels. A moment of intensity that marked the history of the television of the United States.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Farmer plows message for the NFL Players: ‘We stand for the national anthem’

Published

on

By

A farmer from North Dakota Gene Hanson has a solid message for NFL players protesting during the national anthem by kneeling before games, and he plowed it into his field of bean crops.

“We stand for the national anthem,” the massive message, which spans the length of two football fields, read in response to the controversial protests.

“I go with Trump on this one,” Hanson told Fox News. “If you want to protest, that’s not the place to do it. A lot of people died over our flag. We’re able to voice our opinion because of it. If you’re going to show respect for anything, do it for the national anthem.”

It took Hansen two tries and two hours to get his message right, as his initial endeavor was thwarted when a bystander intruded on him with just two letters left to finish. He identifies as a Republican and an avid supporter of President Trump and is doing what he can to send his support to Washington, D.C. from his farm.

The rancher has turned out to be popular for the huge messages that he carves into his 840-acre farm, which he photographs by flying his two-seater plane over them Some of his previous messages include “Drain the Swamp,” “Blue Lives Matter,” “GOP, get your act together” and “Vote Trump.” He said he caught a lot of flack for his “Never Hillary” message, but “most responses have been positive.”

 

Continue Reading

News

China wants to be at the top of the world in arms

Published

on

By

President Xi Jinping said that China should aim to achieve, and even surpass, the weapons technology of the Western powers.

Chinese President Xi Jinping has expressed his desire to the country’s leading defense companies to maximize their armaments so that China is on par with “the most powerful” in the world, according to a documentary issued by Chinese state television this week.

The independent South China Morning Post echoed the Chinese leader’s statements in a CCTV documentary on Monday, in which Xi stated that “gun developers should aim to achieve and even surpass, technology ( armament) of other countries. ”

Military power.  “The importance of weapon development has increased as military technologies have improved in recent years … It is impossible to win a battle if there is an arms gap,” he said.

The documentary series, titled “Mighty Army”, revealed that the Chinese president’s wishes not only point to an improvement of the weaponry itself, but also to the scientific and technological systems of its armed forces: supercomputing, satellite navigation or ballistic missiles. defense.

New defense technologies.  “China’s anti-ballistic missile technology is catching up with the United States,” Xi said, adding that so far only these two countries around the world can successfully intercept missiles of this type.

Experts consulted by this newspaper said that China is using its young talent – university or recent graduates – to develop these improvements and “and get a fighting force in the future,” programs such as the Beidou navigation system, Chinese equivalent to the US GPS.

Continue Reading

News

Trump avoids talking about gun control after the shooting in Las Vegas

Published

on

By

The president of the United States, a fierce defender of the right to bear arms, has not made any reference to the issue since the Sunday massacre.

President of the United States,  Donald Trump said Tuesday that Sunday’s shooting in Las Vegas, with 59 dead and over 500 wounded, was the work of “a madman” and stopped again talk about the control of firearms in the country. From his campaign and during his presidency, the Republican has had the defenders of the right to carry arms as an important part of its political base.

In brief statements to reporters before traveling to Puerto Rico, he described the attacker as “a sick man”, “a man of insanity”, “with a lot of problems, I imagine”, not to mention that 23 firearms were found in the hotel room from where he shot at those attending a concert. Trump once again avoided condemning or simply referring to gun violence, along with the lines of his  statements on Monday, preferring to focus on police action, calling his “quick” response a “miracle.”

Speaking at a press conference shortly after that appearance, presidential spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said it was “premature” to talk about legislation for greater arms control and said that debate could be held later. However, he recalled that Trump is “an outspoken advocate” of the right to bear arms. Democratic lawmakers urged Republicans to stop blocking gun control laws after the Las Vegas shooting, which was committed with a very powerful firearm and whose attacker had a whole arsenal with him.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending